Monday, February 05, 2007

Anger Management

I was reading some news articles this morning when I came across a headline which read something like "29 year old poses as 12 year old". I thought it sounded funny, but after reading it I felt sick almost to the point of vomitting. The article was about a 29 year old sex offender, Neil Rodreick, (alias Casey Price) attending a school as a 12 year old. This sex offender was living with other sex offenders as well. One posing as an uncle, one as a grandfather, and another as a cousin.

This guy had forged papers, shaved his body, and wore make-up to mask his age. He attended one school for 3 months before he got caught. How does this happen?

If you're wondering why I'm writing about this here, it's because after reading this I felt extremely angry and sick to my stomach. I'm a pretty patient and forgiving person, but when it comes to children being abused or mistreated, I lose it. I feel myself wishing these men were put to death immediately. The struggle for me is that all people can be redeemed through Jesus, but do people like this deserve to live a full lifetime (while doing harm to others) on the off chance that they will eventually feel remorse and seek redemption?

As a man who dreams of being a father one day, and plans to be a teacher, this story infuriates me. How are we supposed to protect every kid from things like this? It scares me that a 29 year old sex offender could attend a junior high for 3 months without being caught. I'm guessing that there were teachers who thought he looked to old, but were afraid to say it since it would scar him for life if he were actually 12 years old.

I know this is probably not the most righteous response, but if I had kids and some sexual deviate did harm to them, may God have mercy on that despicable person because I would not. I can't imagine being a parent who has had a child abused... Must be the most horrifying feeling in the world. I don't know if there is a point I'm trying to make, but I needed to get it off my chest because I'm overcome with anger right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home